The American Institute of Wine & Food (AIWF) sponsored an amazing, eight-course feast at Thoughts Style Cuisine Showroom, a stylish Thai-Italian restaurant in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. The innovative “fusion” cuisine blends Thai and Italian ingredients and techniques to create dishes including:
- Larb Brussels Sprouts Fritti with salty and sour dressing;
- Tom Yum Goong Risotto (risotto prepared with Thai shrimp soup);
- Herb Lamb Sausage Spaghetti (pasta and lamb sausage with spicy Thai herbs); and
- Kobe Beef Curry with Roti (with a spicy Thai salad);
- Roasted Duck Khee Moo Penne (penne pasta with roasted duck with Thai spices); and
- Sukhothai Noodles with Crispy Pork Belly (sweet and sour noodles wth seasonable vegetables and pork belly).
Although the restaurant does not yet have its own liquor license, our members brought their own wines that ranged from a vintage 2007 Riesling to a 2012 Oregon Pinot and a 2014 Bordeaux blend that one of our wine-maker members had recently bottled.
Unfortunately, we were so busy eating and drinking that neither we, nor anyone else at the event, remembered to take pictures.
A great time was had by all. And many, many thanks and kudos to Mu Chanma, Thought’s chef/owner who imagined, prepared and orchestrated the wonderful evening.